Saturday, June 18, 2011

Zombies and Ghosts.

[This is a thought I had]

Dang near a year or so ago I had found one of my closest friends sitting on a set of stairs crying. I had a pretty good idea why he was in tears and put the story in prospective upon taking a closer look at him. My friend dresses well and that day was no exception. Properly and nicely dressed in proper cowboy garb sittin on steps, head down on his arms. Apparently he had attempted to take the mother of his child who was the object of his hearts desire out, and it didnt go so well.

As I sat down next to him he threw his arms around me and began to weep. I placed my arms around him and just held on as any good friend should do. Not so deep inside, I felt the memories of the times that I was the man sitting on the stairs. Sharp pans of sorrow and closed wounds surfaced. He began to ask what was wrong, why were things going so horribly wrong. My mind fell to when once I had defined this through a rant after my wife had left. The answer to some is stoopidly silly, but to those like me it makes sense.

The answer lies in the definition of Zombies and Ghosts...

Ghosts: Are something that once was and will always be but is no longer here. They are the remanants of something forever trapped in memory and time forever doomed to roam your memory and mind. Visible in brief dream like wisps then fade away to nothing, a memory, a ghost...

Zombies: Resemble something that once was but will never be again. Zombies are a shell of a person you once knew, loved or cherished but on the inside have become an unrecognizeable creature. No amount of begging or sorrow will ever turn it back into what it once was. Zombies have become something different and you are forced to watch something that resembles become something else throughout daily life. The horror lies in the memory of what was...

We all live with our zombies or ghosts. I have both as well as skeletons but being human I'm not that different from you that way.

-B

No comments:

Post a Comment